As the sun sets, the darkness peeps into our lives so much that our future becomes thoughtful. It’s time for us to awaken, to illumine our dark homes and give meaning to our thoughtful existence. Hence, Kadamba entered in to “E-Belaku”, the green energy initiative.
E-Belaku is a project to create awareness among the rural people about renewable energy like solar and LED lightings for rural communities and self-help groups (SHG’s). It was launched in Feb. 2009.
Kadamba identified those villages, where our government couldn’t reach till that date. We identified those villages and distributed LED based solar lanterns free of cost to all the villagers, without any discrimination as cast or political faith.
- We provided solar back-ups for Anti-poaching camps in Dandeli wild life century.
- Facilitated the hybrid (Solar + Wind) power back-ups for eco-parks in Bangalore city.
- Donated solar lamps in various part of Karnataka including “Satya sai Park-Whitefield”.
- Organized many rural programmes with the association of “SUPRA ENERGY- BANGALORE”. (Basically Kadamba has distributed solar based LED lightings for rural households with free of cost).
- Solar Lanterns have been distributed free of cost in the programmes at Bazarkunang, Soppinahosalli, Metnagadde, Balkur, Vadagar, Ondalasu, Haduvalli, Totadagadde villages of Uttara Kannada district.
- Covered more than 49 villages under this programme.
- Apart from this, about 500 solar panels have been distributed free of cost across Karnataka state.